Tuscaloosa's 21st Ave. reopened after gas leak fixed | News
TUSCALOOSA, AL (WBRC)- Several Tuscaloosa residents got a scare at a barbecue restaurant while others ran away from a local watering hole Wednesday afternoon.
Jim N' Nick's and the ABC store were both evacuated after a construction worker cracked a gas line. It happened at 1:20 p.m. as crews were busy working on a new condo between the businesses on 21st Avenue.
Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue, the Tuscaloosa Police Department and Alagasco responded to the scene. Nothing caught fire or exploded. A strong gas odor filled the closed avenue which connects Jack Warner Parkway and University Blvd.
21st Avenue re-opened to traffic just before 5 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.