Oreo goes for Guiness world record of Facebook "likes" | Events
Oreo cookie lovers worldwide united Tuesday to put the chocolate cookie with the creamy inside on the books as the first brand to hold a Facebook Guinness World Records title.
The company's Facebook page asked fans to "like" a single post in order to earn the title of "World's 'Most-Liked' Cookie." Beginning at 10 a.m. CT, the fan page has 24 hours to generate more than 45,000 "likes" on a specific post. By 1 p.m. CT, the page had more than 50,915 "likes," so the "World's Favorite Cookie" should be well on its way to making history and setting a new record!
The Oreo Facebook fan page has more than 16 million fans from countries all around the planet, including Spain, France, the Philippines, Venezuela, Argentina and Australia. The "info" section of the page is written in English, French and Spanish showing that love for the Oreo is truly universal.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man arrested for illegal possession of missing man's credit card
- Jameis Winston's high school coach says he never doubted Winston's innocence
- Man shot in Bessemer Saturday night dies at hospital
- Police search for suspect in Bessemer grocery store shooting
- Residents fight to keep East Ensley library open