Events of the Week from BirminghamMom.com | Crime
Wow! What a weekend for Birmingham. This city has a tremendous number of family activities for all budgets, interests and ages. As I look through the calendar, I fall in love with Birmingham all over again. The more you do here - the more impressed you will be with this city that you call home. In fact, the more events I attend outside of my neighborhood - the more I love it.
This is the week of Harry Potter (for all you wizards and parents of wizards) and "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" (sung to the tune). Here is a summary of the best events of this next week and a few in December that require a ticket purchase. Have fun and expand your horizons.
Thursday, November 18th
- Montevallo Christmas Parade from 3pm until 6pm
- Harry Potter film opens at the new IMAX at the Patton Creek Rave Theater in Hoover
- Harry Potter Preview Party at the McWane Science Center from 8pm to 2am (movie showing at midnight)
- Cathedral Church of the Advent Mid-Day Musical Menu - a 30 minute musical performance in downtown (seems like a wonderful time for reflection in the middle of a work day and hectic season)
- Lights Up! at the Summit at 7pm
- The new Harry Potter movie will be showing at both IMAX theaters in town
- Pepper Place Holiday and Harvest Market from 8am until noon (I heard wonderful feedback about this market from Saturday.)
- LEGO Duplo Workshops at Pottery Barn Kids at the Summit from 10am - 2pm. Call (205) 967-2033 for reservations. For ages 1-5. Participation is free and each child receives 2 Duplo bricks
- Bart the Art Bat will be at the Birmingham Museum of Art at 11am (free)
- School Spirit Day at Ruffner Mountain Nature Center
- Nature Hike for the Little Guys at Birmingham Botanical Gardens sponsored by Fresh Air Family at 10am
- LEGO Duplo Workshops at Pottery Barn Kids at the Summit from 1pm-5pm. For ages 1-5. Call (205) 967-2033 for reservations. Participation is free and each child receives 2 Duplo bricks
- MOMS Market at the Pelham Civic Center Complex from 1pm-5pm. Check out the many businesses owned and created by moms
If you'd like to send events to BirminghamMom.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org.